Friday, January 14, 2011

Mommy/Daughter Date Night

Last night was such a blessing!  Ashish pushed me out the door so that Priya and I could have a special date night together.  He stayed home with Josiah (his first time taking care of him without me and my first time going out and being away from Josiah since he was born).  I've been really nervous to leave Josiah especially since we introduced a bottle to him because he has struggled a great deal with nursing ever since.  I've been using a syringe to feed him any time he hasn't been nursed and that has helped so Ashish was left to syringe feed him while Priya and I had our evening out together.

We went out for dinner and then for frozen yogurt.  It was so much fun and she was a little angel the entire time!  After we had finished eating we went to family night at Awana.  She was by my side, holding my hand or sitting in my lap almost the entire time.  It was obvious that it was helpful and meaningful to her that I was there and we both soaked up every minute of it.  It was great to see the full scope of what she experiences at Awana each week from the crafts, songs, puppets, stories to game time.  I got to hear her recite her verse and earn a patch.  She was so proud of herself (and I was so proud of her too).

I was blown away by how relaxed I felt when we returned home.  The stress I had been feeling for the past several weeks had disappated and Priya was a happy camper as well.  We'll definitely need to do this much more often!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment