Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A bend in the road...

I am so grateful for answered prayer!  I was definitely hitting a wall and was spent both physically and emotionally.  The effects of long-term sleep deprivation have been really getting to me and frustrations with difficulty feeding Josiah have had me really stressed out.  I've been terrified to give Josiah a bottle again after the difficulty we experienced the last few times.  But 2 days ago I was desperate and finally gave in.  Ashish got up for one of the night time feedings and gave him a bottle, giving me a much-needed break.

The next morning I was pleasantly surprised to find that Josiah didn't resist nursing at all!  Each of his feedings went great!  I ended up giving him 2 bottles in the evening from my extra morning supply to make sure that his tummy was truly full and put him to bed at 9:45.  I was finally asleep by 11:45 and didn't wake up until 5:45am!  I was shocked when I saw the clock and thought that I was reading it incorrectly!  Josiah had just slept the longest he'd ever slept - 8 straight hours!!!  It's been about a month since he's slept more than 4 or 5 hours at night.  And I got 6 hours of sleep - the longest solid stretch I've had in months!  Needless to say I was overjoyed and even happier as I was able to truly enjoy the day with my son.  He was full of smiles, adorable coos and was just an absolute delight - having absolutely no problems nursing!  He was back to being my angel baby!

Thank you Lord!  I am so grateful!  And I'm hoping and praying that this truly is a new trend that we'll be experiencing more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment