Thursday, November 18, 2010

Welcome to the world Josiah Austin Christian!

Josiah Austin Christian entered the world on Tuesday, November 16 weighing in at 7 lb, 10 oz and 19 1/2 inches long.  He threw us a minor curve ball and decided that he wanted to make a surprise grand entrance.  At around 3am on Tuesday morning I woke up and found myself in labor and arrived at the hospital at 5am.  My doctor unfortunately wasn't the doctor on call but Josiah and I were given great care by Dr. Oliva.  She checked me and confirmed that I was in active labor but gave me medication to stop the labor because they were short staffed and already overflowing with patients.  They didn't think they'd be able to deliver Josiah earlier than his scheduled 12:30pm appointment.  But about 5 minutes later they decided that I was still progressing too quickly so they immediately began prepping me and had him out by 6:30am.

Josiah is an amazing baby!  On the first day he only cried when he was first born and the rest of the day only made little squeaking and grunting noises.  He is so content and sweet!  Both of us are doing great!








More to come...

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy to see your new arrival and all those happy faces! Love to all and a special welcome to Josiah. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess- hope you all are doing well.

    jenetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica,
    I thought I had published a comment on the weekend but nothing shows up! Well anyways... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! From the blog it sounds like things are going good - I love all the pictures and it seems Pryia is adoring her little brother. Hope you are getting sleep. Are your parents around to help you? Hugs to you!
    Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete