Sunday, November 14, 2010

Two Days To Go!!

We are definitely in the home stretch!  I can't believe that I've made it this far and that baby Christian has stayed put this long!  We are eager and ready to meet him!  Priya seems to waver back and forth between being excited and...well...not so excited.  We're sure we'll have a transition with her as she gets used to sharing the spotlight.  But we think that overall she's going to be a fantastic sister and will be very excited once she realizes more clearly what is about to happen and how much fun it will be to have a little brother (especially as they both get older).

I'm excited about moving on from the not-so-glamorous side effects of being pregnant.  Just think, in two more days I won't be throwing up anymore (I'm VERY excited about that), I still won't be getting much sleep but I'm hoping and praying that the insomnia lessens as it did after Priya was born.  And I'll no longer feel like I'm walking around with a bowling ball between my legs.  TMI?  ;)  I'm also looking forward to being able to walk around more without worrying that it'll cause me to go into early labor! 

All-in-all I'm filled with gratitude and a thankful heart.  This pregnancy has been a difficult one but it's been such a blessing to have this extra time to really focus on Priya and to have that extra special mommy/daughter time.  It's been nice to feel that I have more emotional reserves for Ashish and to stand by him even more during the challenges he faces daily with his educational endeavors.  I'm thankful that I'll still have a job after the completion of my maternity leave - and that it's a job that I love and will enjoy returning to - despite the tug in my heart that will make it difficult to not be at home full time with my kids.  I'm thankful for the safety and health of the baby and for the excellent care that we have both received from our doctor.  I'm thankful for the supportive family and friends who have lent a listening ear, helpful words of wisdom and prayers that have been offered up.  We are truly blessed and are excited to meet our newest blessing face to face in less than 48 hours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment