Sunday, October 23, 2011

Outings...

Oh how I cherish the special times I get to spend with my kids!  We've been soaking up many opportunities lately.  Here's a glimpse of some of what we've been up to when I haven't been working. 

Last Monday Josiah and I were able to join Priya's preschool class on a field trip to the pumpkin patch (the same one we visited with our Mom's Group recently).  

They tried to wrangle the kids for some quick photos.  Easier said than done...
Then we were off to the pig races.  Priya was more excited than she seems... :)
Next it was time for the hayride...
Then it was time for some jumping fun.  Wow, there sure were a lot of kids jumping at once on that thing!
On Thursday night I had the privilege of serving as a judge at one of Simpson's traditional events - Air Band.  I was able to get seats for the whole family in the front row - right next to me.  The event went from about 9-11pm and I was pretty nervous about how the kids would handle it.  They've been going to bed around 7pm most nights so they went to bed and were woken up to come to the show.  I think the little nap saved the day.  Both Priya and Josiah were delightful through the whole thing!  And I definitely enjoyed the show too!

Yesterday (Saturday) I took the kids to get some free photos taken at Sears (thanks to a tip from Jenetta on frugalfreebiesanddeals.com).  Priya was playing at the mirror while we were waiting to see the results of the photo shoot.  She had brought all sorts of fun things in her purse and was having a ball playing quietly while we waited.

Then we were off to the play area in the mall.  This was Josiah's first time being able to really enjoy it since he's been crawling.  He was in heaven!

He has also learned to drink from a sippy cup this week.  He's quite proud of himself for this accomplishment. :)
Today I took the kids to a park downtown and took some photos for Josiah's birthday invitation (can't believe he's going to be one year old in 3 weeks!!!).  Here are some of the results...






Then it was time to enjoy the playground!



Priya was selling "food" to Josiah.  I think this was supposed to be chocolate ice cream.
My charasmatic little guy...
Hallelujah!



1 comment:

  1. Cute! Cute! The kids are CUTE!!! Thanks for all the good pics, miss them like crazy!

    ReplyDelete