Friday, October 15, 2010

Wedding Dress Shopping


On Tuesday (Oct 12) we made a trip down to Chico, CA to look for a wedding dress for Ami.  It was a family affair with Ami, Ashish, their parents, my parents, Aunt Marge (who is visiting from Manitoba), Priya and me.  Our first stop was David's Bridal and surprisingly enough it was our only stop!  Ami was able to find a beautiful dress that needs very little altering - and the price was great too!  It's actually a Flower Girl/Jr. Bridesmaid dress but is fancier than the actual wedding dresses that were available in her size/price range.  And it looks gorgeous on her!  

I promised that I wouldn't post any photos of Ami in her wedding dress so you won't see any until after the wedding (which is scheduled for Wed, Oct 20).  So instead I'm sharing a couple pics of Princess Priya who was extremely excited to dress up like a miniature bride.  I've never seen her so into dressing up before!  Her ensemble isn't what she'll be wearing for the wedding, but the dress is very similar (I found it online for a lot less and it's longer as well).  She wanted to include all of the accessories - jewelry, tiara, gloves, shoes, purse, etc.  Needless to say we were all highly entertained. :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see Priya in her own dress! Isn't it awesome how God orchestrated for you to have this time off from work to get ready for a wedding and welcome your sister in law to the states? I just think it's so cool that our plans don't always turn out, but His are often so much better. Have a great wedding!

    ReplyDelete